Resident Services/Resources

Made in Cascade - Resources to shop, dine, work and play in the Cascade community.

The following companies serve Cascade Charter Township.  This list may not include all utilities and some may not serve your address.  
City of Grand Rapids

Natural Gas/Electric
DTE Energy

Consumers Energy
Residential - 800-477-5050
Business - 800-805-0490

There are many options for local phone service; such as various phone companies, cable TV and satellite dish providers, cell phone service companies and via the internet. 

Options are (but not necessarily limited to): Cable TV, Satellite TV, and some phone service providers.

If you have concerns regarding public services, please refer to the State of Michigan Public Service Commission for more information or call 517-284-8100. 

Household Trash/Recycling/Landfill Services
Household and yard waste are the homeowners responsibility.  There are several service providers in the area.  The Kent County Department of Public Works has compiled a waste service guide at  

Yard Waste Pickup and Clean Up Day
Cascade Township offers yard waste pickup and clean up day in the spring and fall.  

Public Transportation
Please click here for information on public transportation options.  

Streetlight Problems
Report a streetlight problem to Consumers Energy.  Type in an address near the location of the streetlight or zoom in on its area, using the interactive map, click on the streetlight with the problem, and then click 'Report Outage'.  Fill out the form on screen and Consumers Energy will take it from there.  

Road Problems 
The public roads in Cascade Township are under the jurisdiction of the Kent County Road Commission.  This includes snow plowing, potholes, traffic signs, and right-of-way maintenance. 

Additionally, the Michigan Department of Transportation, or MDOT, is responsible for the state's highway system. 

The Township works with the Road Commission to determine which roads to repair and the treatment process.  The Township is responsible for funding the repair of local roads while federal, state, and county agencies are responsible for funding highways and county primary roads, although the Township will occasionally partner with these agencies for funding and grant opportunities.  

Report a road problem to Kent County Road Commission.

Community Programs