Yard Waste Pick Up
Mondays, April 3 through May 1, 2017
You can purchase Yard Waste tags at the reception desk of the Township Offices from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Tags are $1.00 each. Pick up will be every Monday starting April 3 through May 1.
- Please have your yard waste near the curb by 6:00 am to assure pick up.
- Place a tag on each bag of leaves or bundle of branches. (No grass clippings, dirt, sod, cement, sand or rocks please).
- Please use 30 gallon plastic bags or paper yard waste bags. Sticks should be no longer than four feet in length and branches, logs and stumps are not to exceed one inch in diameter.
- Residents 62 years of age and older will receive 20 tags FREE per calendar year, per household.
This service is only available in the restricted burn area. The yard waste dumpsters will be available behind the Thornhills Fire Station on the following dates:
For more information, please call (616) 949-1500.
Note: If you have tags left over from last spring or fall and you intend to use them, please contact the Township Office so your address can be added to the pickup list.
Clean Up Day - New Location
Please read carefully as some details and disposal items have changed.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
For Ada and Cascade residents: Spring Clean-Up Day is Saturday, May 20th.
WHEN: Saturday, May 20th, 2017 from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. Note: Event will close promptly at 2:30 – no items can be accepted after that.
WHERE: Forest Hills Central High School – West parking lot.
WHAT IS ACCEPTED: Non-hazardous household waste, electronics recycling (computers, TV’s, etc.), appliances, metal, used household items for recycling will be accepted.
NOT ACCEPTED: Shingles, tires, batteries, liquid waste such as paint, chemicals, oil, etc., ashes, propane tanks, medical waste, or any other hazardous material.
HOUSEHOLD RECYCLING and Donations: The Salvation Army will be in the parking lot at Leonard Field Park by the Covered Bridge to accept used items. Please drop off all household items there instead of Fase Street.
DOCUMENT SHREDDING. “Shred-It” will do “on-site” shredding (up to 100 lbs.) of your personal sensitive documents.
Identification is required to verify your residency within the townships of Ada or Cascade. If you live in Grand Rapids Township but your mailing address is Ada, you do not qualify.
For questions, call Ada Township Hall (616) 676-9191 x. 29 M-F, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Or Cascade Township (616) 949-1500.
DUE to the new location, here are a few things you need to be aware of:
- You will not be able to bring yard waste.If you have yard waste that you need to get rid of use the following options:
- Use your waste hauler
- The Township will have dumpsters at Township Hall on April 21-23
- Yard waste tag program will again be offered from April 3 to May 1.
- No dumping anything on the ground.You must put your waste in the appropriate dumpster at the event.Volunteers will direct you.
- All traffic will enter from Ada Dr and exit to Hall St.Please use Spaulding to Ada Dr to enter. Click to view map.